Friday 26 April 2013

Haircare Routine

Wow. Writing this blog post has made me realise how many products I actually use in my hair. Beware, it is a lot. Just to let you know a little about my hair, my hair is naturally a medium brown colour, but I occasionally get blonde highlights put through my hair at my local hairdressers. This means I now have a medium blonde base colour hair, but lighter blonde highlights running through. My natural hair is very wavy, verging on the curly/ringlet side to things. It is very tangly and hard to brush out, once I have washed it, because of this I try to use products that help me combat my curly, tangly hair.

Below is a photograph showing my current hair colour, while my hair is straightened.


Hair care


Since I have had blonde highlights I have been loving using the Beach Blondes Shampoo and Conditioner by Lee Stafford. I use this every time I was my hair and it's been great for removing ginger and brassy tones in my hair. I am loving it! The shampoo however, I find is quite drying so you do need to use a good amount of conditioner afterwards, hence why my conditioner has ran out before my shampoo has. 

Twice a week I also use the Touch of Silver by Pro-Voke to further eliminate brassy tones in my hair. I haven't been using it for long, only about two uses but I have noticed a difference in my hair already and plus it smells amazing! Recommend!

Once a week I will also use the Aussie 3 minute miracle treatment. Due to my hair being highlighted, it can occasionally get quite dry, especially on the ends so once a week I use this to combat the tangly, dry ends. It works wonders and after using it my hair feels like I have just got back from the hairdressers and had a fresh wash and cut, it feels amazing. 

The heat protectant I use is Tresemme heat defence. I can't say it works wonders for my hair, but as far as heat protectants go, it does a pretty fine dandy job.

Hair Styling


I never tend to use that many products when styling my hair. Hairspray is the main one I use. The hairspray I use is the Boots firm hold hairspray, I find it isn't such a strong hold that it makes my hair go hard and sticky, but it seems to hold my hair in place pretty much all day, without feeling all hard, like straw.

The mousse I use on occasion is just an old one that I have had lying about and I really should replace. It's the L'oreal Studio VolumMax. This mousse does the job. I haven't tried out many mousse's so cannot compare really how well it performs but I can say it does give my hair volume. However it is in need of replacing, so if you know of any good mousses let me know in the comments and I would really appreciate it!

For other styling I use mostly Lee Stafford products. For creating beach curls in my hair, which I like to do most often as it helps to enhance the natural curl I have in my hair anyway, I use the Sea Salt Spray by Lee Stafford. This product is great at creating curl and body, however it does make your hair feel somewhat heavy and full of product so this isn't a great product for lasting, as you feel you have to wash you hair almost everyday if you are using this product as the build up makes my hair feel dirty and heavy.

I also use the light spray wax by Lee Stafford for creating texture in my hair when I straighten it as I do not like my hair to be too straight because it's too soft and hard to manage and work with. This spray adds extra texture and allows my hair to be styled much easier when straightened.


Hair Tools


Well, the hair tool I use the most is obviously my trusty hair brush. My hair brush is a TRESemme brush, just a simple plain hairbrush that does the trick. However recently my natural hair has been getting more and more tangly after having highlights put through. Think it might be time to invest in a tangle teezer, what do you think? Are they any good? Leave your comments down below:)

My other hairbrush is a ceramic one I use for blowdrying my hair. It's from boots and didn't cost that much, probably in the £3.00-£7.00 range. Its great for creating body and volume when you blow dry your hair and  a great alternative to using rollers for volume, however I do not blow dry my hair that often. When I do blowdry my hair I use the Revlon Hair dryer (sorry I cannot remember the name/model, got it a while ago). Its just an average hairdryer that dries my hair (isn't that what all hairdryers are meant to do?)

One of my most used possessions is probably my ghd's. Everytime I straighten my hair which is probably at least once a week, I use my ghd's. I have had these for probably about 4 years now (that's why they look so worn out on the photograph) but they still never fail to work wonders for my hair. I think ghd's are the best brand for straightening your hair, they leave it silky, straight and soft and you can even curl your hair, crimp it, or wave it with them. They truly are an amazing product, even with the relatively high price tag.

To get tighter curls/waves in my hair I use the Babyliss curling wand. It has no clamp and create perfect soft waves, that can be made into tighter curls by holding the hair on for longer. I think its a great product.

For creating loose waves, I use the Toni and Guy Thick Barrel Curler with a clamp. Perfect for creating very loose waves with a lot of volume. I love it!

So that was my hair care routine with information on all the products and tools I use and how I use them. Hope you liked the post. Got any requests for future posts? Keep them coming!


Comment, Email, Tweet or Instagram me. Links can be found at the top of the page on the separate tabs. 



All the best,

Beth 
xo

5 comments:

  1. Love the post.

    I have no idea what I would do without my GHD's. All the photos of my hair pre-GHD's need to be burned lol.

    I will deff me giving the Aussie product a go.

    Fab blog :)

    Followed! Stop by mine when you get the chance.

    www.embracingtheenchanted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha my gods are pretty much my haircare lifesavers! The Aussie product is amazing so definitely try it:)

      Delete
    2. Thankyou also, and sure I will!xx

      Delete
  2. Really very nice post..... your hair care routine is very catchy.... I would like to add these products in my hair care routine as well as recommend my clients to use them. Have a nice day dear !!!!

    Hair Stylist Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  3. tangle teezers are amazing, especially when your hair is wet. i use mine all the time and i dont know what id do without it x
    http://libyyxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete